It’s time to make the 3rd release of my Upcoming Events plugin. Updates in this release include:
- Removed a debugging statement that caused days/weeks to display incorrectly
- Individual iCal feeds can be immediately updated from the admin page
- The events list is now valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- The admin page now produces valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- CSS styles are in their own separate file for easier modification
- More information is provided in a tooltip-like popup for each event
- Basic error checking is done when making changes on the admin page
By far, the biggest user visible update is the tooltip-like popup. To see it in action, simply hover your mouse over one of the events in my event list. Pretty much all the other updates are only of concern to the admin… though being that the plugin is installed by the admin, I think they’re a pretty important person :).
Simply untar/unzip the file into your wp-content/plugins directory in place of the current upcoming-events contents.
Untar/unzip the downloaded file into your wp-content/plugins directory then visit the Plugin Manager in your WordPress admin interface and active the plugin. A new subpage will appear on the Options tab for Upcoming Events where you can configure your iCal feed(s). Once you have feeds configured, you can add the event list to your sidebar. If you use widgets, simply visit the Widget subpage on the Presentation tab to add the Upcoming Events widgets. If you don’t use widgets, you’ll need to edit your sidebar.php in your theme directory (the default theme is in wp-content/themes/default) and add the appropriate code from the Upcoming Events options page.